Jamaican Chicken

 First I did not name this recipe and I have no idea why they call it Jamaican Chicken but the ladies I take care of absolutely love it. 




Ingredients

  • 12 Oz. canned stewed tomatoes
  • 6 Oz. turkey smoked sausage
  • 2/3 c. onion
  • 2lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast
  • 2/3 c. whole grain rice ( I personally use instant white rice and usually a full cup if not a little more)
  • 1/3 c. ketchup
  • 1/3 c. green pepper

Instructions

  • Cut sausage into 1/2 inch think slices.
  • Cut chicken into small pieces.
  • Chop green pepper.
  • Drain tomatoes reserving liquid; pour into a measuring cup. Add water to measure 1 3/4c.; set aside
  • Cook chicken
  • Add onion and sausage. Brown 10 minutes, stirring occasionally; drain.
  • Add remaining ingredients.
  • Cover and bring to a boil.
  • Reduce heat; cover and simmer 25 minutes until rice is tender.
  • Uncover and simmer 5 minutes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment