Chicken & Bowties Dinner

1/2 c. butter, sliced [I only used about 3 T]

4-5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

2 .6-oz pkg zesty Italian salad dressing mix [I used 2, but think 1 may be sufficient next time]

2 T dried, minced onion

8-oz pkg cream cheese, cubed

2 cans cream of chicken soup

12-oz pkg bowtie pasta, cooked

Optional: 10-oz pkg frozen baby peas, thawed

Place butter in the bottom of the slow cooker. Layer chicken breasts over butter; sprinkle with dressing mix & onion. Cover and cook on low setting 4-5 hours [or all day while you're at work like I did]. Shred chicken in slow cooker and add cream cheese & soup to slow cooker; stir together. Cover and cook on high setting 15 minutes, until sauce is warmed thru. Add cooked pasta and peas, if desired to slow cooker and toss to mix well. Cover and let stand for several minutes until warmed through. Serves 6-8.

0 comments:

Post a Comment